BLOG

Assessment of 2015 bread market and projections for 2016

19 November 20153 min reading
“When compared to the current situation in the world, we are at the very beginning of the road for packaged bread. However, we see that the share of packaged bread is increasing every year. Though the bread sold in the open market has a growth rate of 97 percent, it is lower than the level of packaged bread. The figures show that there is a very large potential market for packaged bread.”   15_6 According to the Survey of Euromonitor’s Packaged Food, we see that approximately 70 percent of bread sales in the bread market in the world, is unpackaged and 30 percent is of packaged bread. However, while the packaged bread market grew by 5 percent last year, less than 2 percent growth in unpackaged bread is in question. The unpackaged breads produced in Turkey constitute a significant portion of production. According to the calculations, measured market share of packaged bread is about 1.5 percent in the Open and packed bread market of 35 billion in the total. When we add the share market cannot be measured but estimated at about 1.5 percent to this ratio, the total market share is stated to be 3 percent. For example, this rate is approximately 80 percent in England. Similarly; the packaged bread sales in North America, Australia, South America and Eastern Europe, is ahead of unpackaged bread sales. Therefore, when compared with the current situation in the world, we’re at the very beginning of the road in the packaged bread. However, we see that the share of packaged bread is increasing every year. Though the bread sold in the open market has a growth rate of 97 percent, it is lower than the level of packaged bread. The figures show that there is a very large potential market for packaged bread. As Doygun, we are the second largest brand in the packaged bread production sector in Turkey. In the first 3 months of 2015 we have already achieved the largest increase among all of our competitors in the market share through the innovations in line with the expectations of our consumers. In this framework, from January to March 2015 period, compared to the same period last year, we managed a record increase of 45 percent in our market share by rising to 23.4 percent from 16.2 percent in Istanbul. In addition, we became the only company to increase market share compared to last year among large and medium-sized companies operating in the packaged bread market and in other categories. In the second quarter of 2015, we maintained our market share with 23.5 percent rate. For the whole of 2015, we are aiming a market share of 25 percent. I can state that the reasons for high growth in 2015 that we live in market share are that retail product segmentation to be revised according to the expectations of consumer; creating Doygun professional brand in home consumption and delivering a variety of fresh and frozen products that will appeal to all professionals; expanding fresh and frozen distribution network to increase customer satisfaction; effective marketing, “Everyone Works for Him” advertising campaign, Giving attention to social media; creating micro sites and awareness of healthy bread; and communication works. We aim to increase our daily production capacity which is 80 ton with new investments that we plan to achieve in the first quarter of 2016. We act with the mission to achieve the best for our consumers to have healthy and affordable products. Our goal is to increase our market share without compromising our quality and success and to spread throughout Turkey.
Articles in Article Category
11 August 20234 min reading

Does a Carbohydrate-Heavy Diet Increase the Risk of Brain Hemorrhage?

08 February 20225 min reading

While making your marketing plans for 2022…

28 October 20204 min reading

Future ready: Sustainable wheat ingredients for functional concepts

Henrik Hetzer, Managing Director of Loryma “The corona crisis has led consumers to rethink their a...